Hiking in cercedillas today
i cant believe this. i cant fucking believe this. i meant to send this to my boyfriend but instead i sent it to my boss right after i told her i was quitting all i wanted to do was make an inappropriate cookie joke but no i got mixed up texting two people at once and literally sent a picture of a chocolate chip cookie captioned “ooh she thique” to the fifty year old suburban mother of two of whom i have nothing but a strictly professional relationship with. after knowing me for almost a year and a half as a hard working and respectable employee this is the last thing i will ever say to her i can never go back to that shop again all because of this god damn cookie blunder What have i Done
“They say I have a sweet ass, nice tits, a real pretty dress. They say I’m their future wife, or I’d look good with their dick in my mouth. They try (and probably succeed at times) to take pictures down my shirt. They ask if they can get my number, they ask where I live, why I’m not smiling, why my boyfriend lets me walk around by myself. Then they ask why I’m such a bitch, if my pussy is made of ice. They say that they never do this, as though I’ve somehow driven them to inappropriate behavior and deserve it. They say they’re just having fun, trying to pay me a compliment. Pretty frequently they get mean, slipping into a loud tourettes-like chant of bitch-whore-cunt-slut.
Before you try to tell me that it’s because I take my clothes off for a living, let me tell you that this started way before I was 18. Let me tell you that every single woman I know has at least one truly terrifying story of street harassment and a whole bunch of other stories that are merely insulting or annoying. Let me remind you that in a room of pornography fans, who have actually seen me with a dick in my mouth and who can buy a replica of my vagina in a can or box, I am treated with far more respect than I am walking down the street.”
I have always loved this quote.
Hillary Clinton (via slightlypretentious)
We could ride on elevators up and down for the rest of our lives. We could chain ourselves to desks and 60-hour work weeks… if we wanted to do that.
We’ve decided, however, that we’d rather not.
This incredible photo marks the end of Matador Torero Alvaro Munera’s career. He collapsed in remorse mid-fight when he realized he was having to prompt this otherwise gentle beast to fight. He went on to become an avid opponent of bullfights. Even grievously wounded by picadors, he did not attack this man.
Torrero Munera is quoted as saying of this moment: “And suddenly, I looked at the bull. He had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes, and he looked at me with this pleading. It was like a cry for justice, deep down inside of me. I describe it as being like a prayer - because if one confesses, it is hoped, that one is forgiven. I felt like the worst shit on earth.”
I’ve reblogged this at least two other times but this is possibly one of my favorite photos ever.The bull is just like ‘Hey, are you okay?’ it’s so powerful
This made me tear up. One day all humans will have this exact understanding awaken within them
That bull looks like he just wants to be friends
Festivals of Quito I did not know what I was getting myself into. I knew I had to leave but the comisario killing the bull that everybody wanted to pardon? I’m horrified to have witnessed it. I’ll never go back. Should have listened to mi madre.
Only 5 percent of women have the type of body we see on billboards and in TV commercials. The “Expose” project wants you to see the remaining 95 percent. (Some images below may be considered NSFW.) Blogger and activist Jes Bak…
This is an amazing project - I’d love to see more like this!