Realized I didn’t write about my last days in new Zealand!
- last night, indian dinner with jace, saltys, then after party at bob and ange’s
- lots and lots of pouring rain = first time paying for transportation in a long, long time
- shopping in newmarket for all last minute Asia things + chest X-ray for Aussie
- hitch hiking on the side of a highway..oops. Terrifying, thanks police officer
- too much traffic, trapped in Taupo
- lack of plan, no tongariro
- lets see if we can hitch hike with our faces painted!
- finally make it to hobbiton…almost
- waiheke wine tour for Easter. You know, blood of Christ and all
- golf and Easter Monday with Jackie’s family
- funny times hanging out with Lucas. Realized we are six years older than him..weird
All in all, our last days together in NZ were awesome. The Ostrowski’s graciously hosted us one more time, and Peter went out of his way to help us with everything we had to do. They made our experience of and transition I to New Zealand much more smooth than it could have gone, I’m very grateful for them. If they didn’t have so much family in the Detroit area, I’d be giving them my couch any chance I could get!
Anyway, Thailand is just simply amazing. Updates soon!